Florida Corporations Online

Home » Florida Corporations FAQs

What is a Federal Tax Identification Number?

Also known as a 'FEIN' or 'EIN', the federal employee tax identification number is like a social security number for your corporation. It is assigned by the Federal Government, not the State of Florida Division of Corporations, for taxation purposes. This number is usually required by banks as a prerequisite to opening a bank account in the corporation's name, even if the corporation has no employees. You can apply for an EIN number viw the IRS website or you can have an incorporation services website apply for you.

More Florida Corporations FAQs